HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!! Start 2019 out right by upgrading your ride with our ridiculously low sale prices!
It's our New Year present to our awesome ebiker customers. Here's to a 2019 full of countless wild, fun rides. ENJOY!
The Bafang mid-drive BBS02 750w motor mounts in place of your bike's bottom bracket and replaces your bike's crankset and front derailleur if you have one. This is the newest Bafang 750w BBS02 mid drive motor kit, including version B motor and upgraded 25 amp controller with 9 IRFB3077 MOSFETs. The Bafang BBS02 kit comes with all necessary parts to convert just about any bike, except fat bikes (must have 68-73mm bottom bracket) to an electric bike including the battery! The BBS02 750 watt motor kit is a high-performing, lightweight, quiet, fast, hill-climbing, well-engineered electric bike kit. Superior to hub motors, the mid drive motor kit feels just like a normal bike when pedaling since it can completely freewheel. The motor includes pedal assist sensors (PAS), so you can choose the power level of motor assistance that you would like while pedaling. Also, you can always overpower your designated PAS level with your throttle in order to achieve your desired speed and power.
Parts Included in Bafang BBS02 48V 750W Kit
- Newest 750w BBS02 Bafang Mid Drive Motor (version B)
- Upgraded Integrated 25amp Controller with 9 IRFB3077 MOSFETs
- LCD Display (C961 Display or DPC-18 Full Color Display)
- Ebrake Handle Levers or Ebrake Sensors (connects to your existing brakes)
- Chain Ring and Cover (your choice of 44T, 48T or 52T)
- Speed Sensor with Spoke Magnet
- Main Wiring Harness (wiring that connects all the kit components)
- Ebike Battery with charger (your choice of 48V 11.6Ah, 52V 11.6Ah, 52V 14Ah or 48V 17.5Ah) All our batteries have easy plug and play connections (upgraded Anderson connections) to fit the Bafang motor. Choose to maximize your Bafang motor's power with a 52V Turbocharge battery and achieve up to 1300 watts of power!
- Up to 1300 watts with 52V battery (1152 watts with 48V battery)
- Throttle and pedal assist modes
- Lightweight and powerful! (Motor weighs 9.5 pounds and whole kit with all parts will add ~13 pounds to your bike.
- LCD Display provides information about speed, time, battery info and pedal assist power
- Plug and play connections and installation
- Powerful and affordable mid-drive conversion ebike kit that can convert most bikes to high power ebikes
We offer the Bafang BBS02 kit with three sprocket options with different tooth sizes (44T, 48T and 52T).
44 tooth is the smallest option that will provide you with the most torque and it is the best option for hill-climbing ability.
48 tooth is a reliable middle of the ride option.
52 tooth is the largest option and will provide you with the highest top speed (~30mph) and it is recommended to be used mainly for street riding.
The battery that you choose to pair with your kit depends on what kind of range and power you are looking for as well as the dimensions that you have to work with on your bike.
Please consult the different battery product pages for detailed information regarding the batteries:
Choose a 52V Battery to Turbocharge your Bafang Kit
52V Battery packs are designed to turbocharge your 48V Bafang BBS02/BBSHD ebike kits by maxing out the possible amount of voltage that the 48V Bafang controllers can handle to get the most possible power out of your 48V ebike system. 52V batteries give your 48V Bafang systems more power and longer range. The 52V pack gives you an extra 200 watts more than a 48V pack. The added voltage also provides you higher top end speed, more power and a longer distance range compared to a 48V ebike battery pack with the same amp hour rating. A 52V battery will give you ~8% longer range than a 48V battery with same amp hour rating. All our Bafang motor kits (BBS02/BBSHD) are compatible with 52V batteries as our upgraded, robust controllers are made to handle a maximum of 52 volts.
Will the Bafang BBS02 750W Motor Kit work with my bike?
These kits will only work on bikes with 68mm & 73mm bottom brackets, which is most bikes with the exception of fat bikes and beach cruisers. Please confirm the size of your bike’s bottom bracket before purchasing. Please visit our FAQ Page for information on how to measure your bike's bottom bracket.
If you still have questions after confirming your bike's bottom bracket size, about whether your bike is compatible with the kit, please send us an email with the year, make and model of your bike to email@example.com.
Watch our step-by-step Installation Video here.
The Bafang motor conversion kit installation is a DIY project that requires no specialty expertise – simply install the parts, plug in the connectors and zip-tie (we include zip ties for free) the cables! The trickiest part of the install process is removing your bike’s existing parts, such as your bike's bottom bracket. If you are not interested in performing the install yourself, simply stop by your local bike shop, and they should easily be able to install the BBS02 kit for you.
All the tools that you will need for the install are typically found in most bike tool kits. The only tools that you will need for the install are:
1. A 15mm wrench or pedal wrench to remove your bike's pedals.
2. The appropriate bottom bracket tool to remove your specific bike's bottom bracket
3. Allen wrench(es)/screwdriver to remove your brake levers, rear derailleur, and chainring.
4. A chain tool to remove your bike's chain.
5. A standard spanner wrench to tighten the lockrings.
6. Allen wrench(es) and a Phillip's head screwdriver to tighten the crank arms, sprocket, display, throttle and brake levers.
No specialty tools are necessary! Please note that this kit does not include any tools.
Please refer to our Installation Page for our video with step-by-step installation instructions & Bafang LCD Display manual downloads.
Customer Care Note: We always recommend storing ebikes indoors or under cover as electronic components are susceptible to water damage. All of the kit parts are water resistant, but components such as the display are not waterproof.