The Bafang mid-drive BBSHD 7500w motor mounts in place of your bike's bottom bracket and replaces your bike's crankset and front derailleur if you have one. This is the newest Bafang 7500w BBS02 mid drive motor kit, including version B motor and upgraded 25 amp controller with 9 IRFB3077 MOSFETs. The Bafang BBS02 kit comes with all necessary parts to convert just about any bike (must have 68-73mm bottom bracket) to an electric bike except the battery! We also sell the Complete Bafang BBS02 Mid-Drive Motor Kit with the battery, so you have everything you need to transform your bike into a high-powered electric bike! The BBS02 750 watt motor kit is a high-performing, lightweight, quiet, fast, hill-climbing, well-engineered electric bike kit. Superior to hub motors, the mid drive motor kit feels just like a normal bike when pedaling since it can completely freewheel. The motor includes pedal assist sensors (PAS), so you can choose the power level of motor assistance that you would like while pedaling. Also, you can always overpower your designated PAS level with your throttle in order to achieve your desired speed and power.
Parts Included in Bafang BBSHD 48V 750W Kit
- Newest 750w BBS02 Bafang Mid Drive Motor (version B)
- Upgraded Integrated 25amp Controller with 9 IRFB3077 MOSFETs
- LCD Display (C961 Display or DPC-18 Full Color Display)
- Ebrake Handle Levers or Ebrake Sensors (connects to your existing brakes)
- Chain Ring and Cover (your choice of 44T, 48T or 52T)
- Speed Sensor with Spoke Magnet
- Main Wiring Harness (wiring that connects all the kit components)
- Up to 1300 watts with 52V battery (1152 watts with 48V battery)
- Throttle and pedal assist modes
- Lightweight and powerful! (Motor weighs 9.5 pounds and whole kit with all parts will add ~13 pounds to your bike.
- LCD Display provides information about speed, time, battery info and pedal assist power
- Plug and play connections and installation (upgraded Anderson battery connections)
- Powerful and affordable mid-drive conversion ebike kit that can convert most bikes to high power ebikes
- Upgraded Anderson Battery Connections
We offer the Bafang BBS02 kit with three sprocket options with different tooth sizes (44T, 48T and 52T).
44 tooth is the smallest option that will provide you with the most torque and it is the best option for hill-climbing ability.
48 tooth is a reliable middle of the ride option.
52 tooth is the largest option and will provide you with the highest top speed (~30mph) and it is recommended to be used mainly for street riding.
Will the Bafang BBS02 750W Motor Kit work with my bike?
These kits will only work on bikes with 68mm and 73mm bottom brackets, which is most bikes with the exception of fat bikes and beach cruisers. Please confirm the size of your bike’s bottom bracket before purchasing. Please visit our FAQ Page for information on how to measure your bike's bottom bracket.
If you still have questions after confirming your bike's bottom bracket size, about whether your bike is compatible with the kit, please send us an email with the year, make and model of your bike to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch our step-by-step Installation Video here.
The Bafang motor conversion kit installation is a DIY project that requires no specialty expertise – simply install the parts, plug in the connectors and zip-tie the cables! The trickiest part of the install process is removing your bike’s existing parts, such as your bike's bottom bracket. If you are not interested in performing the install yourself, simply stop by your local bike shop, and they should easily be able to install the BBS02 kit for you.
All the tools that you will need for the install are typically found in most bike tool kits. The only tools that you will need for the install are:
1. A 15mm wrench or pedal wrench to remove your bike's pedals.
2. The appropriate bottom bracket tool to remove your specific bike's bottom bracket
3. Allen wrench(es)/screwdriver to remove your brake levers, rear derailleur, and chainring.
4. A chain tool to remove your bike's chain.
5. A standard spanner wrench to tighten the lockrings.
6. Allen wrench(es) and a Phillip's head screwdriver to tighten the crank arms, sprocket, display, throttle and brake levers.
No specialty tools are necessary! Please note that this kit does not include any tools.
Please refer to our Installation Page for our video with step-by-step installation instructions & Bafang LCD Display manual downloads.
Customer Care Note: We always recommend storing ebikes indoors or under cover as electronic components are susceptible to water damage. All of the kit parts are water resistant, but components such as the display are not waterproof.