The Bafang mid-drive BBSHD 1000w motor mounts in place of your bike's bottom bracket and replaces your bike's crankset and front derailleur if you have one. This is the newest Bafang 1000w BBSHD mid drive motor kit, including version B motor and upgraded powerful 30 amp with 12 MOSFETs controller. The Bafang BBSHD kit comes with all necessary parts to convert just about any bike (must have 68-73mm bottom bracket) to an electric bike except the battery! We also sell the Complete Bafang BBSHD Mid-Drive Motor Kit with the battery, so you have everything you need to transform your bike into a high-powered electric bike! The BBSHD 1000 watt motor kit is a high-performing, lightweight, quiet, fast, hill-climbing, well-engineered electric bike kit. Superior to hub motors, the mid drive motor kit feels just like a normal bike when pedaling since it can completely freewheel. The motor includes pedal assist sensors (PAS), so you can choose the power level of motor assistance that you would like while pedaling. Also, you can always overpower your designated PAS level with your throttle in order to achieve your desired speed and power.
*WARNING: This BBSHD 1000W motor kit is SERIOUSLY POWERFUL! Technically speaking it is only for off-road and private property use. Wheelies and speeds of well over 40mph+ are possible with this motor. Our 750W BBS02 motors meet the power needs and wants of the majority of riders. It is your responsibility as the rider to follow applicable local and federal traffic and ebike laws. Consider yourselves forewarned.
Parts Included in Bafang BBSHD 48V 1000W Kit
- Newest 1000w BBSHD Bafang Mid Drive Motor
- Upgraded Integrated Powerful 30amp 12 FET Controller
- LCD Display (C961 Display or DPC-18 Full Color Display)
- Ebrake Handle Levers or Ebrake Sensors (connects to your existing brakes)
- 46T Stock Steel Chain Ring (no chain guard)
- Speed Sensor with Spoke Magnet
- Main Wiring Harness (wiring that connects all the kit components)
- No Gear Sensor Plug coming out of controller (Gear Sensor comes with necessary Y-Attachment for Gear Sensor installation)
- Up to 1600 watts with 52V battery (1500 watts with 48V battery)
- Throttle and pedal assist modes
- Lightweight and powerful! (Motor weighs 13 pounds and whole kit with all parts will add ~16 pounds to your bike.)
- LCD Display provides information about speed, time, battery info and pedal assist power
- Plug and play connections and installation
- Powerful and affordable mid-drive conversion ebike kit that can convert most bikes to high power ebikes
Will the Bafang BBSHD 1000W Motor Kit work with my bike?
We offer these kits in two sizes:
68-73mm bottom bracket (Standard bikes for the majority of bikes)
74-100mm bottom bracket (Fat bikes)
Please confirm the size of your bike’s bottom bracket before purchasing and select the correct bottom bracket size motor for your bike. Please visit our FAQ Page for information on how to measure your bike's bottom bracket.
If you still have questions after confirming your bike's bottom bracket size, about whether your bike is compatible with the kit, please send us an email with the year, make and model of your bike to [email protected]
*You may need spacers in order to fit the BBSHD on your specific Bottom Bracket size. We highly recommend purchasing the set of 15 Spacers with your kit to help with proper fitment and installation on your specific bottom bracket.
Watch our step-by-step Installation Video here.
The Bafang motor conversion kit installation is a DIY project that requires no specialty expertise – simply install the parts, plug in the connectors and zip-tie the cables! The trickiest part of the install process is removing your bike’s existing parts, such as your bike's bottom bracket. If you are not interested in performing the install yourself, simply stop by your local bike shop, and they should easily be able to install the BBS02 kit for you.
All the tools that you will need for the install are typically found in most bike tool kits. The only tools that you will need for the install are:
1. A 15mm wrench or pedal wrench to remove your bike's pedals.
2. The appropriate bottom bracket tool to remove your specific bike's bottom bracket
3. Allen wrench(es)/screwdriver to remove your brake levers, rear derailleur, and chainring.
4. A chain tool to remove your bike's chain.
5. A standard spanner wrench to tighten the lockrings.
6. Allen wrench(es) and a Phillip's head screwdriver to tighten the crank arms, sprocket, display, throttle and brake levers.
No specialty tools are necessary! Please note that this kit does not include any tools.
Please refer to our Installation Page for our video with step-by-step installation instructions & Bafang LCD Display manual downloads.
Customer Care Note: We always recommend storing ebikes indoors or under cover as electronic components are susceptible to water damage. All of the kit parts are water resistant, but components such as the display are not waterproof.